Thursday 8 September 2011

What if...The Bible Commandments Were Promises From God?

Jesus said, 'The greatest commandment is to love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.' Then He went on to say, 'The second commandment is just like it: love your neighbour like you love yourself.'
Whenever I hear that, I get uncomfortable. I don't know if I've ever done anything with all my heart. I know I haven't loved God or another human being with all my heart. I don't even think I've loved myself wholeheartedly. (I have this theory that most women know what they want. But most men don't, and that's why men have hobbies.)
I've always heard this commandment as an ought to. "You ought to love God with all your heart. You ought to love your neighbour." But what if it's not an ought. What if it's a promise?
What if God--the Person who originally said this commandment--what if He is saying, "Trust me. You don't feel like it, you don't understand it, you may not be counting on it. But you will love Me with all your heart, and you will love your neighbour. I promise you."
What if?

take a look at Part 2 (http://happyman-vince.blogspot.com/2011/09/what-ifthe-bible-commandments-were_10.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment